Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I’m lovin’ it: March edition

It feels like just yesterday I was sharing my favorites from last month. Is it just me or does time seem to be flying by? I am happy that the warmer weather is in sight and that before you know it, sweet summer time will be here! I am pumped for all of the fresh produce, grilling weather, fire pit nights, and vacation time ahead. Here are some things that I have been enjoying lately.



Lately I have been keeping busy with house projects and I love how things are coming together. I stumbled upon this site for free vintage posters and immediately downloaded this Europe print for our gallery wall. Blair and I track all of our travels on our newlywed map, the map is surrounded by our travel photos, this poster highlighted our most recent trip.



Speaking of house projects, my friend Crissy introduced me to ReStore which is run by Habitat for Humanity. I pretty much go there whenever I have a chance because I am hunting for the perfect furniture to restore and paint for our bedroom. They have multiple locations so definitely check if there is one located by you.



One of my little girls in my class came in one day to school wearing polka dot jeans, I think I complimented it her on them way too many times throughout the day. Clearly, I had to find myself a pair. While doing my routine shopping at Target, I decided to swing by the clothing section and found myself a pair of polka dot jeans. Pattern pants are popping up everywhere and this may ease my conservative self into the trend.



Color is another thing that is popping up everywhere and this mint/turquoise color is one I can’t get enough of. This is Essie’s Turquoise and Caicos. I bought this color nail polish for my sister for her birthday and asked to borrow it immediately. I still haven’t given it back.




Lately, I have been branching out of my usual spots to shop for clothes. I have had a few events that have required going out on the town. Francesca’s has been my new go to place to shop. They have awesome jewelry for reasonable prices and I can always find a cute new top I feel comfortable in. The above picture is a recent dress purchase from there!


My latest read was Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn who also is the author of Gone Girl. It was a little dark and twisted, but because of my psychology background I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was definitely a page turner and had a surprise ending, much better than Gone Girl’s ending.


Source

No comments:

Post a Comment